It’s possible that one or more of the courses you’re studying might experience updates or be substituted with newer, revised courses.
The Australian Government has recently issued a new BSB training package (version 7.0), requiring updates for numerous courses.
The changes include updates for:
- Course name
- Course duration
- Entry requirements
Word of the day:
1. Why is my course superseded?
The purpose of the updates is to ensure that your course aligns with the best practices in a digital environment. Hence, your study outcomes are transferable and adaptable to the current workplace requirements.
Watch this video to find out more:
2. What happens if my course has changed?
iStudentPlus team will always let our students know to not worry about this too much because you still can finish your course and graduate with your qualification until the teach-out period end (until 3 April, 2022). It means most of the courses you are studying now are still going until the teach-out period end.
3. Does it mean I have to complete my current superseded qualification until the end of Term 1, 2022 (3 April 2022)?
Yes, you are right!
4. What happens if I don’t pass all of the subjects in my current superseded qualification?
If you don’t successfully complete all subjects in your superseded qualification by 3 April 2022, you won’t be eligible to obtain a full qualification certificate. However, you will still have the right to receive your transcript.
5. I enrolled on a package course, what happens if one or more of the courses in my package has changed in duration?
As a student and migration agency, we inform our students if they have three possibilities relating to this:
- Remain the same duration — no change to your enrolment length/visa.
- Shorten in duration — please contact us as this may affect your visa.
- Lengthen in duration — please contact us as this may affect your visa (you may need to extend your visa to complete your course or you can elect to fast-track your studies to complete within your enrolment/visa duration).
6. I’m currently studying for a superseded qualification. Do I need to upgrade to the newer version?
No, you don’t need to upgrade and you will still receive the Certificate or Diploma if you successfully complete it until 3 April, 2022.
7. Will the superseded qualification acceptable?
Yes, it is still a valid qualification. The superseded versions will still be acknowledged as valid professional qualifications.
Remember, if these changes impact your course, the course provider will contact you and should be able to offer more information.
However, I’m still confused. What should I do?
Please feel free to contact iStudentPlus team, if you have any questions about these changes.
We maintain a consistent practice of informing our students about the changes and motivating them to successfully complete all subjects. By adopting this approach, we ensure that they retain their eligibility to receive a full qualification certificate before the course is replaced.