Perhaps one or more of the courses you may be studying will be updated or superseded with an updated or new course.
The Australian Government has just released a new BSB training package (version 7.0) which means many courses need to be updated.
The changes include updates for:
- Course name
- Course duration
- Entry requirements
Word of the day:
1. Why is my course superseded?
The updates to ensure your course is aligned to the best-practice in a digital environment. Hence, your study outcomes are transferable and adaptable to the current workplace requirements.
Watch this video to find out more:
2. What happens if my course has changed?
iStudenPlus team will always let our students know to not worry about this too much because you still can finish your course and graduate with your qualification until the teach-out period end (until 3 April, 2022). It means most of the courses you are studying now are still going until the teach-out period end.
3. Does it mean I have to complete my current superseded qualification until the end of Term 1, 2022 (3 April 2022)?
Yes, you are right!
4. What happens if I don’t pass all of the subjects in my current superseded qualification?
If you don’t pass all of the subjects in your superseded qualification until 3 April 2022, you will not be able to get a full qualification certificate, however, you are still entitled to receive your transcript.
5. I enrolled on a package course, what happens if one or more of the courses in my package has changed in duration?
As a student and migration agency, we inform our students if they have three possibilities relating to this:
- Remain the same duration — no change to your enrolment length/visa.
- Shorten in duration — please contact us as this may affect your visa.
- Lengthen in duration — please contact us as this may affect your visa (you may need to extend your visa to complete your course or you can elect to fast-track your studies to complete within your enrolment/visa duration).
6. I’m currently studying for a superseded qualification. Do I need to upgrade to the newer version?
No, you don’t need to upgrade and you will still receive the Certificate or Diploma if you successfully complete it until 3 April, 2022.
7. Will the superseded qualification acceptable?
Yes, it is still a valid qualification. The superseded versions will continue to be recognised as acceptable professional qualifications.
Remember, If your course is affected by these changes, you will be contacted by the course provider and they should be able to provide more information.
But I am still confused, what should I do?
Please feel free to contact iStudentPlus team, if you have any questions about these changes.
We always let our students know about the changes and encourage them to pass all subjects to ensure their eligibility for full qualification issuance before the course is superseded.